Our office is currently open limited hours. Please call or email for assistance:
541-682-5379 or BusinessLicense@ci.eugene.or.us
When a License is Needed
The City of Eugene does not issue a general business license to all businesses operating in Eugene. The business license office only regulates and requires licenses for the following business activities:
- Payday lenders
- Public passenger vehicle companies (taxis, shuttles, horse-drawn carriages, pedicabs, transportation network companies)
- Recycling and solid waste haulers
Public passenger vehicle drivers that who operate in the Eugene-Springfield metro area are required to be certified (e.g. taxi, shuttle or transportation network company drivers, i.e. UBER and Lyft).
See the Eugene Code related to each activity listed below. Licensing requirements and fees vary for each license, certification and registration. If you would like more information about any of these program areas, please contact us.
- First Aid Vehicle Services Opens a New Window.
- Limousine Services Opens a New Window.
- Medical Transport Services Opens a New Window.
- Business Registration Application
- Opens a New Window. Community Safety Payroll Tax - registration required for all businesses with a physical location in the city limits of Eugene
Certain businesses, such as commercial solicitation, are regulated by the Uniform Business Practices Opens a New Window. (Eugene Code 3.820-3.842). No license is needed, however there are other requirements Opens a New Window. .
Alcohol Consumption and Possession
The City of Eugene requires an exemption for alcohol consumption and possession in public places Opens a New Window. . The Autzen Stadium area on the University of Oregon campus is exempt from this rule during home football games. This is the only exemption from the licensing requirement currently allowed by the city.
Liquor License Local Government Recommendation
Please email OLCC documentation for approval to BusinessLicense@ci.eugene.or.us
Once application is received by our office, applicant will be contacted via phone for the local government review fee.