Tour a Eugene or Springfield Fire Station
- Fire Station tours are scheduled on FRIDAYS between 9:30 and 11:30 and 1:30 and 4:30. Requests for tours at other times require additional approval and may take additional time to schedule.
- Tours should be scheduled at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Tours are primarily designed to accommodate schools, after-school programs, or community youth groups.
- There must be 1 adult chaperone for every 5 children.
- Children must be 5 years of age or older. Preschools and daycares are invited to participate in our Fire Safety Traveling Trunk program.
- Tour size is limited to 15 persons, including chaperones.
- Tour participants are required to wear face masks while visiting the station and interacting with fire department personnel. MASKS ARE NOT PROVIDED, please ensure participants bring their own masks.
- Tour participants will only be allowed access to fire apparatus bays with bay doors in the open position or apparatus will be located outside (as weather allows) in the parking lot. Offices, living quarters, training rooms, kitchens, restrooms, and other miscellaneous areas within the fire station will not be accessible to visitors.
- If any participants are experiencing flu or cold symptoms, they should not visit the fire station.
- Please understand your tour may be interrupted. Fire Stations must remain "in service" during tours and crews may need to respond to an emergency.
- If firefighters are not at the station when you arrive, they may be at an emergency. If they do not return within 10 - 15 minutes, it will be necessary to reschedule your tour.
Scheduling a Tour
To be schedule a tour of a Eugene or Springfield Fire station, complete and submit a Station Tour Request Form.
Be prepared to provide:
- Name of Organization.
- Name and phone number of the person requesting and responsible for tour.
- Number and age of participants.
- Date and time that you are requesting.
- Which Fire Station you wish to tour.
- Indicate if any visitors require special accommodation.