Goals for ADU Pre-Approved Plans Library:
We recognize that each site and property owner's needs present opportunities and constraints for the architect or designer. By setting community goals for the pre-approved plans library the aim is to make available a wide variety of plan types and styles that will allow for more property owner's in Eugene to construct ADUs in a streamlined, cost-saving process.
In the program submittal please explain how your design is addressing the goals. Not all goals need to be met, for example a design might choose to focus on one or two goals.
- Low Cost - Cost-saving measures are considered that lower built price-point to make ADUs more affordable to more Eugene residents. This could be achieved through innovative construction methods, cost-effective design choices, materials selection, etc.
- Energy Efficient - Submission meets a recognized green building rating system and/or incorporates green building and design features such as passive heating and cooling, sustainable materials, etc.
- Site Adaptable or Broad Applicability on Sites in Eugene - The size and configuration are broadly feasible and can fit on multiple sites in Eugene for example narrow infill lots or sloped sites.
- Constructability - Design can be constructed quickly and simply and at a generally predictable cost.
- Accessible - Design meets accessible design requirements such as single story, universal design features, and ADA accessible.