Make Payments or Request Refunds


Payments can be made in person at the Permit and Information Center, over the phone by calling 541-682-5505, and by mail. We accept:

  • Cash
  • Checks
  • MasterCard
  • Visa

Projects submitted through eBuild (electronic submittal and plan review) can pay fees online by Visa or MasterCard. If you wish to apply for a trade permit (electrical, plumbing, residential mechanical) apply online through our eBuild system.


Per City of Eugene Administrative Rule R-8.005-I(2), refund requests must be made in writing within 180 days of fee payment, and are based on the following rules:

  • Permit Fees: 80% of permit fees may be refunded when an active permit is cancelled prior to any work or field inspections. The State Surcharge and City Administrative Fees are non-refundable. A refund is not available if any work has started on the permit or if the permit is expired.
  • Plan Review Fees: 80% of the fee may be refunded when an application is withdrawn or cancelled before plan review is started. A refund is not available if any plan review has been performed.

If you would like to pursue a fee refund, please fill out and submit the Fee Refund Form.